Wednesday, March 26, 2014

You are a blessing

My Beautiful Best Friend, Maria in Haiti

You are a blessing to the world. You were put on this earth for a very special reason. Even if you don't feel like it. I was having a talk with my spiritual director last year and I told her that some days I just felt completely useless and that there were so many people in the world, I didn't understand why God would create me if I wasn't special and that I really didn't think I had a purpose. She explained to me that I was very wrong. She explained that God loves every single one of us so incredibly much, and that every single one of us has a big purpose. she then drew a picture of many different stick figures. She said that our purpose in life could be to become the president of the United States, or even help others achieve their purpose, and that we are all connected in a really special way. Maybe you were created so one day you would make someone smile, and then that person would go on to ending world hunger. That really inspired me and struck me as a surprise.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 22 of Lent

  • Live for others Jar- I pulled out the name of a girl from my old high school, Claire. I offered up a rosary for her and a mass too.
  • Good Deed-"Send a letter to someone who isn't expecting it" I sent a letter to My friend Taylor. I promised I would write her often but I haven't been able to because I have been too busy. I hope it will make her smile.
  • Positive experience of the day- I woke up today and I am healthy and have a home and food to eat.
  • 3 things I am grateful for-
  • 1. Nice Weather   2. Cocoa Puffs  3. The Rosary
  • Prayer requests- for all of those who feel hopeless, for the lonely.

Also, remember I told you guys I had called my friend Madison when I took her name out of the jar? Well, she never called me back, but I got this text today! Even if this whole resolution made one person smile, it is all worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment