Friday, March 14, 2014

Real Friends


Real friends are the hardest thing to find. In our lives, we meet an incredible amount of people, but will probably only encounter one or two real friends in our whole lifetime. True friendship takes hard work. You have to be willing to love another person with your whole heart, overlooking their imperfections, be willing to do anything for them, show them your love by acts of service. It's not easy. 

If you hosted an amazing and huge party, which of your friends do you think would like to go to it? Probably all of them. What about if you were having a not-so-fun party? Less friends would attend. Now, what about if you were having a really hard time with something, how many of them would be willing to talk to you on the phone and comfort you? You could probably count them on one hand. What if you were really sick and throwing up all over, which one of your friends would be willing to sit next to you, hold your hand, and pray with you until the pain goes away? Any of them? I know I have one friend that would be willing to do that. She would be willing to do that out of love for all humans and for her immesurable love for Christ. I learned so much from that friend. I learned that you have to think of your friend before you all the time in order for it to be a true friendship.

We shoud try to be 'real friends' with everyone we encounter. Mother Teresa said: "Love until it hurts. Then, love some more."  We should give our all to everyone. Imagine how the world would change!  I learned what true friendship is by someone showing me that you have to put others first 100% of the time, listen to them, be their comfort, and always love them. Jesus is your true friend. He always thinks of you before he thinks of himself. He gave his WHOLE life for you. But are you a true friend to Him? Would you be willing to give up your whole life for him? Hmmm.

Long-distance relationships are hard to keep.  I was talking to my friend today, and she told me that she never imagined that she would drift away from some of her best friends in highschool now that she is in college. She thought that they would be best friends forever even if they lived so far away. I asked if she ever took the time to call her friend on te phone or text them constantly. She said no, that being away is hard because you don't go through the same experiences so there is a lot less to talk about constantly, and that's what made them drift apart. Of course. And that is what makes us drift apart from Jesus. Whenever we don't talk to him constantly (prayer), our relationship weakens. We should talk to him constantly, about everything that happens.  My other friend, Gabby once told me that we should treat Jesus as if he was actually our best friend. To tell him jokes, to tell him what makes us sad, what we are excited about, what our plans are, what we are worried about, EVERYTHING! She used to take laffy taffys into adoration and read Jesus knock-knock jokes. At first, I thought it was a little strange, but after a while, I really envied her relationship with Him. I wanted that! So I started telling Him jokes too... And I'm pretty sure He did laugh because I'm 100% sure God has a sense of humor.


-----------------------------------------------

Day 10 of Lent

-It was really hard not to eat meat today because it was friday. I was working at the burger place the whole day and all I wanted to do was eat a burger. It was so hard to eat a veggie burger, but the sacrifice was totally worth it!
-Positive experience- My dad took me to the movies, and we watched two. We saw Orange County and Labor Day, they were both really good. I loved spending time with him because I never do that often, but I love him so much. 
- What I am grateful for- 
1.My Dad
2. Cath
3.Movies
- Prayer intentions: for all the lonely people in the world, for the people in prison, everyone who has lost hope, everyone with cancer, a safe trip back for my mom, my sister, and my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment