Monday, June 6, 2016

Pray for Trump.


Donald,

You say you want to build a wall. And you want Mexico to pay for it. Could that be because you have spent years building a wall surrounding your heart and have made everyone that you disagree with pay for your loneliness, your unhappiness? And you want to physically display how you've been feeling?

You are making Mexicans pay already. You are making the disabled, women, journalists, and Muslims pay, to say the least. I understand that illegal immigration is a problem, but is it necessary to degrade a whole country, a whole culture, based on preconcieved notions, stereotypes, and generalizations? Yes, there are Mexicans that have crossed the border that are rapists and murderers, but guess what? There are also beautiful, amazing, and hardworking people crossing who have a beating heart--just like you do. They suffer, they enjoy things, they want to provide for their family, they have a dream. I'm not saying that crossing illegally is okay, but there is no need to offend everyone who is Mexican. I am Mexican and I will defend my people no matter what. I am a US citizen as well and I love America and would fight for it's people in a second, but when you make fun of 'some Mexicans' you are making fun of me. You are making US citizens like myself who come from a Mexican background very angry and hurt. You are therefore making fun of Americans because all Americans were once immigrants, who became citizens. That means you don't actually want to "Make America Great Again" for if you really meant that, you would respect its people.

I'm sorry you're not happy. I'm sorry all the money in the world has not been able to satisfy you. Sorry you don't love yourself and therefore cannot accept love from others. Building a wall around your heart might protect you from getting hurt, but it prevents love from ever going in. You are blocking all the kindness and charity anyone could ever offer you. If you are not able to accept love from others, then you will therefore never be able to accept yourself. 

I'm going to pray for you and I invite all my Christian brothers and sisters to pray for you so you might be able to tear down that wall and be able to experience love, satisfaction, healing, and forgiveness. Once you feel that love, you will be able to share it. You don't belong in the white house. You have to work on yourself before you can try to 'help' anybody else.

Tear down the wall around your heart before you start to build another.

In Christ,

Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment